If an image is worth 1,000 words than a video is probably worth a million (depending on length and quality). The main point is that videos can be used to convey viewpoints and messages in clearer and simple fashion. As a result, videos can increase engagement and help support your sales and customer service. Here are 3 reasons why you should use videos in your marketing:
1. Customers enjoy videos (across multiple platforms)
People watch videos on many devices, computers, tablets, smart phones, etc., which means that you can reach them on the medium of their choice.
2. Videos build credibility
Just think, video testimonials, or product demos help customers trust your company and brand. Videos also demonstrate your confidence in your company and what service or products you are offering.
3. Videos really impact buying behavior and can increase sales
Building off of tip 2, consumers find videos helpful when they are making purchasing decisions (or signing up for a B2B service). You may also be able to attract and impress new customers, by utilizing videos.
Key Video Takeaways:
- Be direct. Keep video intros clear and short, don’t distract from the video’s main goal.
- Be concise. Don’t try and say everything in your video. Make a plan and a script that helps your customers take the ‘next step.’ I would recommend staying around the 1-2 minutes range.
- Set an accurate budget. You don’t need to spend a fortune, but you need to make a quality video that reflects your brand.
- Survey and communicate with your target market to find out what questions they ask and then answer them clearly in your videos.
- Demos work (especially more than an explanation).