If you or your company havent considered creating an online marketing strategy you should. Not only because your competitors are online, but consumers and potential clients are as well.
A recent report from economist Todd Hirsch has pointed out that:
“according to the most recent survey by Statistics Canada, Albertans had one of the highest Internet usage rates in 2012 and outpaced the nation. About 85.3% of those aged 16 and older used the Internet for personal use, up from 83% in 2010. That compares with 83% of Canadians who accessed the Internet for personal use, up from 80% in 2010.”
If this doesn’t convince you to create an online marketing strategy I don’t know what will. Companies will also need to take mobile into account and create a mobile marketing strategy as well since consumers are increasingly accessing the internet from mobile devices.
Posted in Uncategorized
- Tagged AB, Alberta, Economics, Internet, Marketing, marketing strategy, Mobile, Morgan Melnyk, online marketing, SME, Strategy, Todd Hirsch
I stumbled upon a great content marketing article the other day and decided to share. In principles of epic content marketing, Pulizzi lists 6 ways that CMOs can step up their content marketing engine:
- Epic content fills a need with your audience (and hopefully industry)
- Communicate consistently (not only for campaigns)
- Find and use your unique and human voice (easy right?)
- Express a valuable point of view (
- Avoid sales speak (and increase educational content)
- Be recognized as the best in class (or industry/niche)
“The problem right now is that most marketers are looking at metrics as objectives [for example, counting followers or looking at Web traffic]. What we want to focus on is Return on Objective (ROO).” Ultimately, you need to create and follow a content marketing plan.