- Create content that connects – The most important part of your blog is the content. Write for the audience you want to target and create content relevant to them not you.
- Frequent Content – Frequency is important, but there is no perfect number. 3 – 5 times per week is a good place to start.
- Remember SEO – SEO is important for your blog as well. Remember to consider load time, titles, mobile versions, site navigation and keywords.
- Social Media – Use social media sites like Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+ to promote your content. Grow and nurture your communities. Be diverse and part of the communities you decide to participate in.
- Utilize blogger sites – Review sites like Technaroti, Mashable, Alltop and others that are relevant to your industry and audience.
- Email your posts – Email will help get your content in front of more people. Utilize an email service (e.g. Constant Contact) and be consistent. Subscribers will begin to expect to see your content on a regular basis.
- Press Releases – Use press releases to spread the word about news and your product and services. Many companies (and associates) wrongly believe that there is nothing newsworthy happening at their company. Events that should have press releases include: new products, completions of projects, announcements of contracts, new partnerships, new personnel, awards, industry whitepapers and interviews with company personnel.
- Influencer Outreach – Target influencers in your industry and establish a relationship with them. Find out how you can help them, comment on their blogs and then ask if they would be interested in guest blogging for you.